Wednesday, April 25, 2018

GSWPA volunteers have H.E.A.R.T. | Volunteer Feature with Pamela Siergiej

Hand-raiser. Expert. Advocate. Resource. Teacher.



As a GSWPA volunteer with H.E.A.R.T., Pamela is an amazing champion for Girl Scouts. for stepping up to support her troop during the 2018 Cookie Program.


Pamela Siergiej
Monaca | Troop 16061

How long have you been a volunteer with Girl Scouts?
29 years

What do you like best about your role with Girl Scouts?
I value the friendships I've made over years and the opportunity to grow personally and in many new skills.

Describe a moment you've had in Girl Scouts you'll never forget.
I was totally overwhelmed when my troop nominated me for an award and surprised me at a joint bridging. It was truly great to receive the recognition from the girls I served!

What do you most want your Girl Scouts to learn from you or remember about you and their Girl Scout experience?
I hope that the girls grow to appreciate that they can be whatever they want and to be open to learning something new every day.

Ask your Girl Scout to share what their volunteer means to them by sending us one of these: 
• A photo of the two of them together 
• A photo of a short, hand-written note of thanks 
• A short thank you video 
Send all media to socialmedia@gswpa.org.