Monday, April 16, 2018

GSWPA volunteers have H.E.A.R.T. | Guest Blog with Joan Emanuel

Hand-raiser. Expert. Advocate. Resource. Teacher.



With an enormous passion for Girl Scouting, Joan was nominated as a GSWPA volunteer with H.E.A.R.T. because of her dedication to the Service Unit and her guidance and support of other volunteers.


Troop 53037
Joan Emanuel 
Connellsville | Troop 53037

I've been been in Girl Scouts 37 years as an adult and three as a girl.

What I enjoy about Girl Scouts the most is working with the girls, taking them camping and going on trips.

There are so many great moments I had in Girl Scouts. The moment I will never forget is my first rappelling trip with Ed Cole and my troop in Dunbar mountains. I never dreamed I would go rappelling.

I want the girls to learn from me to be kind and that you can do anything you put your heart into. I hope they use their Girl Scout experiences that I gave them to become a leader or work with a troop to share their experience with new girls and keep the Girl Scout s
pirit going.

Ask your Girl Scout to share what their volunteer means to them by sending us one of these: 
• A photo of the two of them together 
• A photo of a short, hand-written note of thanks 
• A short thank you video 
Send all media to socialmedia@gswpa.org.