"The heart of a volunteer is not measured in size, but by depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others." Deann Hollis
Dear GSWPA Volunteer,
As a Girl Scout Volunteer, you wear many hats, learn many skills, and impact many lives. You have a full plate and work hard to make it possible for girls to enjoy and benefit from an adventure-having, skill-building, lead-taking, life-changing, good time.
GSWPA volunteers have H.E.A.R.T.
Hand-raiser: Even with a full plate, you’re the first to offer to help. Whether it’s a girl, a fellow volunteer, or a staff member, you step up, raise your hand, and get the job done. And you do it with heart!
Expert: There are many different hats to wear as a Girl Scout volunteer, and you navigate it all with enthusiasm and encouragement. From badge planning to outdoor skills, your experience and knowledge allows girls to explore new territory.
Advocate: Always there to tell a girl “Yes, you can!” You’re her cheerleader as she tackles every adventure and learning moment. You’re the driving force to make sure she has the best Girl Scout experience.
Resource: You’re a problem solver! Finding creative uses for dollar store items, offering a hair tie at the best moment, guiding girls to discover their passions—you’re a remarkably, reliable resource for so many around you.
Teacher: It’s more than badge work that she’s learning from you! From mother nature to other people, she respects the world around her, and she’s learning about being an empathetic and strong, ethical leader—just like you.Truthfully, without our volunteers’ commitment to unleashing the G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ in every girl, we couldn’t and wouldn’t be the largest girls’ leadership organization in the world. But we are. Thanks to you. And we love you for it.
To show our thanks, we have partnered with coffee shops throughout our council to offer you a free cup of coffee on Friday, April 20 from 9 a.m.-noon. In addition to the list of locations below, each GSWPA office will have coffee and pastries for our volunteers at the same time! Stop by and say hello!
- CREATE Brookville/Fusion Cafe - Brookville
- Michelle's - Clarion
- Aegis Coffee Roasters - DuBois
- Flip - Edinboro
- Coffee in the Park - Erie
- Fresh Grounds - Greenville
- Sweet Buzz Bean and Bistro - Harrison City
- Bee's Knees and Sweet Buzz - Latrobe
- Creative Crust Bakery - Meadville
- Tarot Bean Roasting Co. – Meadville
- The Confluence - New Castle
- Kafe Buna Cafe - New Kensington
- The Bean Coffee House - North East
- Tazza D'oro - Pittsburgh
- Gingersnapped - Punxsutawney
- Carlisle's Coffee Shop and Sandwiches - Waynesburg
- Saxonburg Coffee and Tea - Saxonburg
- Arbor Coffee House - Warren
- Chico Baccello - Washington
Also, as our special thank you, the GSWPA shops will be offering volunteers an exclusive discount.
- In Store: Friday, April 20, 9 a.m.-noon: Take 10% off your order at our Edinboro, Greensburg, and Pittsburgh Girl Scout Shops (some exclusions apply).
- Online Only Exclusive Offer: During the month of April, use code VOLUNTEER18 for 15% off one item from our online store. Code valid for a one time use per customer from April 1-30.
We'll be using our presence on social media, as well as this blog, to promote the work of our seriously amazing volunteers all month long. To share your proud moments as a volunteer, fill out this form, or to nominate somebody else, tell us about them here.
You're a genuine hero, and your H.E.A.R.T. is your super power. Without the amazing H.E.A.R.T. of each one of you, our council could not have the same influence in girls' lives. We are so incredibly grateful for you—the hand-raiser, expert, advocate, resource and teacher.
Staff of Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania