It's not too late to earn funds for Girl Scouting adventures through the MagNut Program--even if you haven't started yet!
In-person ordering has come to a close, but there's plenty of time is left to sell nuts, candy, magazines and photo keepsakes online. Online orders will be accepted through Friday, November 18.
How do we promote the MagNut Program to friends and family?
The great thing about online sales is that friends and family can support your Girl Scout, no matter where they live! Here are some ways to spread the word:
1. Send emails to friends and family right from your Girl Scout's personalized sales site. If you send 12 emails through the site, your Girl Scout will receive a special online sales patch!
2. Share the link on social media. We've even created this great video that you can include that explains the MagNut Program.
3. Encourage customers to send cans of honey roasted peanuts to our military men and women through Operation: Sweet Appreciation. They can donate online at gswpa.org/military. Just be sure to tell them to include your Girl Scout's name on the "Review Your Donation" screen when donating so she and her troop gets credit.
My Girl Scout hasn't yet participated. How do we get started?
It's easy! If your troop is participating in the MagNut Program, just set up her online sales site and promote it via social media or email.
1. Visit girlscouts.qspgao.com/WesternPennsylvania.
2. Select "Returning Participant" if you participated last year, or "First Time Visitor" if you're new to the MagNut Program.
3. Walk through the simple steps to set up her online page. (Did you know adding a photo or video can help your Girl Scout's sales?) Send emails to friends and family right from your Girl Scout's personalized sales site. If you send 12 emails through the site, your Girl Scout will receive a special online sales patch!
4. Share her page on Facebook or Twitter. Your followers can place orders simply by clicking on the story about your Girl Scout's page.
That's all there is to it! You can set up alerts to know when orders are placed so your Girl Scout can thank her customers for their support. There's no paperwork to send your troop leader, either.
What's so special about the MagNut Program?
- Troops can earn revenue to start their Girl Scout year before the Cookie Program.
- Girls can earn Girl Scout Bucks, which double in value when used toward any GSWPA sponsored camp in 2017. That's double the fun!
- MagNut proceeds subsidize programs and services for our members and maintain our beautiful camps.
- Girls gain first-hand business experience and learn important skills like goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
- All of the items available through the MagNut Program make perfect gifts for teachers, family, friends and neighbors! Customers can choose from:
- 25 different nut & candy items ranging in price from $6 to $8;
- Five nut & candy corporate gifts (online only);
- Hundreds of popular magazine titles;
- and one-of-a-kind photo keepsake creations.