In honor of Girl Scout Birthday on March 12, Beverly’s Birthdays and GSWPA are teaming up to offer girls a way to celebrate Girl Scout-style by giving back to our community! It’s called Pajama Party for a Purpose.
Beverly's Birthdays, a Pittsburgh nonprofit, provides birthday cheer for children experiencing homelessness and families in need. Since 2012, the organization has recognized 30,000 birthdays—that’s more than eleven birthdays a day!
As part of your troop’s celebration of Girl Scout Birthday and Girl Scout Week, your troop can hold your own Pajama Party for a Purpose to celebrate Girl Scout’s 107th birthday.
Here is how it works:
- Fill out this quick form to let Beverly’s Birthday’s know that your troop is planning to hold a Pajama Party for a Purpose at one of your troop meetings to celebrate Girl Scout Birthday. Beverly's Birthdays will provide you with party ideas and talking points to teach the girls about how they are giving back.
- On (or around) Girl Scout Birthday on March 12, turn your troop meeting into a Pajama Party for a Purpose. Encourage girls to wear pajamas to the meeting and to bring a NEW pair of pajamas, socks, and underwear to donate to children in need.
- During the Pajama Party for a Purpose, take pictures of your celebration and please share them (if permitted) on social media and tag us on Facebook @beverlysbirthdays and @gwspa and use #joythroughjammies #girlscoutsbday #birthdaycheer
- After the meeting, Beverly's Birthdays will coordinate with you to collect any new pajamas/socks/underwear that were donated. Clothes can be dropped off in person at Beverly’s Birthdays headquarters (North Huntingdon, PA), mailed, or someone from Beverly’s Birthdays can come and speak to your troop at a future date/time and collect them.
- If pick up or delivery is not feasible for your troop, you must mail or directly ship your donations. Consider using an online store to ship your donations directly to Beverly's Birthdays!
If your troop would like to participate, please complete the survey registration below. Please contact Megs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-720-9737 if you have any questions!