You don't have to go to Alaska to experience dogsledding. It's right in our backyard at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Farmington! And now, Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania members can receive a 10% discount off the normal dogsledding rates.
Start the experience by meeting your very own team of sled dogs and their friends with a tour of the dog yard, which houses 24 Alaskan Huskies. You'll get a short briefing on the basics of dog sledding and how the musher maneuvers the sled while controlling the dogs with specific voice signals. Then, climb on in! Glide across the snow at speeds of up to 20 miles per hour, making quick turns up and down the scenic landscape of the Laurel Highlands. Get an adrenaline rush that you have never had before!
GSWPA members will receive a 10% discount off of the following pricing per session:
- Rate: $150 for the first person, $25 each additional rider (maximum of 4 riders per session)
- Holiday rates (Dec. 23-Jan 1, Jan. 13-15 and Feb. 17-19): $250 per session
- All above rates do not include tax and gratuity.
- Reservations are required.
- Includes a 30-minute Kennel Tour and 30-minute ride.
- Two guest maximum per sled/cart, families of 3 or more may split ride time with a 4 person maximum per time slot.
- Maximum combined weight of 275 lbs. Minimum weight is 45 lbs. for children.
- Please meet at the Barn behind the Equestrian Center. The run will take place regardless of weather, so please dress appropriately.
- Dogsledding hours: 8:30 am, 10 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 3 p.m.