Since 1912, millions of women have had their lives positively impacted and transformed by their Girl Scout experience.
According to the Girl Scouts Research Institute study, "Girl Scouting Works: An Alumnae Impact Story:"
- One in every two adult women has at some point been a member of Girl Scouts, and there are currently 59 million Girl Scout alumnae.
- Alumnae with more than three years’ experience in Girl Scouts fare better than shorter-term alumnae in many areas, including sense of self, civic engagement, education and leadership.
- All alumnae, even those with two years’ experience or less, are more active in community service and volunteer work than non-alumnae.
- Fifty-eight percent of women in the 114th Congress are Girl Scout alumnae.
- Seventy-five percent of current female senators are Girl Scout alumnae.
- Every female secretary of state in U.S. history is a former Girl Scout: Madeleine Albright, Condoleezza Rice, and Hillary Clinton.
See more Girl Scouts Alumnae by the Numbers.
Help more girls become tomorrow's leaders today on #GivingTuesday!
GSWPA is joining charitable organizations from all over the globe by participating in #GivingTuesday on Nov. 29. This global movement celebrates and encourages giving back to the community organizations, like Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania, that make a difference in the lives of your family and so many others.
Last year, more than $45,000 in financial assistance was awarded to 2,200 girls in western Pennsylvania so they could have these life-changing experiences with Girl Scouts. We rely largely on donations--both big and small--to make this possible.
Please consider kicking off your holiday giving season with an end-of-year charitable gift on or before #GivingTuesday, and help us bring Girl Scouting to more girls. We appreciate your support!
Donate now >