Your Girl Scout is gearing up for another stellar Cookie Program experience and you keep hearing about this Digital Cookie thing. What's the deal?
Here are a few things you need to know about Digital Cookie 2.0 and why your Girl Scout should be using it:
- Digital Cookie gives girls the opportunity to sell cookies through their own personalized, protected websites. Girls invite their customers by email to visit their sites and purchase cookies. Fun quizzes, games, videos and other activities offer girls opportunities to learn budgeting and resource allocation using a “spend, save and give” model. This experience helps prepare girls to be leaders in the high-tech, fast-paced, e-commerce world of today, in a safe, hands-on environment. Cookie Boss 2.0!
- Digital Cookie helps girls reach a wider audience of out-of-town friends and family. Last year, cookies were shipped to all 50 states and Armed Forces bases in the Middle East, Africa and the Pacific! But even close-to-home customers can use Digital Cookie; 41% of last year's Digital Cookie sales shipped to a Pennsylvania address.
- Speaking of shipping, costs are lower this year, including the service fee for international shipping, which is only $5 (down from $20 last year). And there's NO shipping fee for Operation: Sweet Appreciation donations. Sweet!
- Not only can girls increase their overall sales by increasing their customer base, they can also earn some cool Digital Cookie swag for participating! Girls who send 25 emails through Digital Cookie receive a Cookie Techie patch, and girls who sell 25 packages through Digital Cookie receive special edition nail wraps. Tip: While you can't share a link on your Facebook page, you CAN ask for customers to private message you with their email addresses so your Girl Scout can send them a link to her site.
- It's not too late to register your Girl Scout for Digital Cookie! Check your inbox for an email titled Ready. Set. Register for Digital Cookie. If you can't find it, go to digitalcookie.girlscouts.org, enter the email address you used to register your Girl Scout and click ‘Forgot password/Need a registration email.’ then work with your Girl Scout to set up her page, play some cookie games and start inviting customers to purchase cookies and have them shipped to their door. Please note: Digital Cookie is not supported in Internet Explorer. Please use another web browser to access the site.