Wednesday, April 18, 2018

GSWPA volunteers have H.E.A.R.T. | Guest Blog with Nancy Lampert

Hand-raiser. Expert. Advocate. Resource. Teacher.



Nancy was nominated as a GSWPA volunteer with H.E.A.R.T. for her expertise of keeping volunteers within her Service Unit registered, cleared and trained. 


Nancy Lampert
Tarentum | Troop 59027 & Service Unit 5905

This is my seventh year as a leader, second as a Service Unit Manager.

I love seeing my girls shine, I love seeing them step out of the comfort zone and try something for the first time and I love talking to them about current events and hearing where they stand.

This year's World Thinking Day will be one of the memories that stays forever. Of my troop, all but three participated. The day of the event, the girls showed up with wonderful displays, knowledge of their country, and smiles. They hosted their countries so well and made me so proud! They stepped out of their comfort zones with the whole thing, and they were shining examples of what a Girl Scout can do!

I hope my Girl Scouts learn that anything is possible through hard work, friends make life easier,
and that they are all important.

Ask your Girl Scout to share what their volunteer means to them by sending us one of these: 
• A photo of the two of them together 
• A photo of a short, hand-written note of thanks 
• A short thank you video 
Send all media to socialmedia@gswpa.org.