Checklist challenge, accepted!
Girls challenged themselves with a checklist of activities to showcase why they love being a Girl Scout. Girl Scouts who completed 10 checklist items earned the Girl Scout Spirit patch. Twenty Girl Scouts won a patch through a random drawing.
Girls ROCKED the checklist, which featured 30 ideas for letting her Girl Scout spirit shine! Here are just a few moments that Girl Scouts shared with us:
GIRL SCOUT PROUD. Mercedes, a new Daisy, showed her Girl Scout spirit by putting up the sign “A Daisy grows here” at her home and preparing her first care package for a local shelter.
FAVORITE BADGE, PATCH OR JOURNEY. Flora is determined that she will work for NASA someday. She loved working on the space badge this past month with her troop!
BECAUSE OF GIRL SCOUTS. Over the summer, Alexa and Rogue went camping at Girl Scout camp for a weekend (Me & My Gal), which was outside of their comfort zone as they had never camped before. We were all a little nervous, but had so much fun—they didn’t want to leave and were asking to go back next summer before we even left!
To help people at all times
Girl Scouts of all ages made an impact in a big way by participating in GSWPA Service Day on Saturday, September 21. Nearly 300 Girl Scouts pledged to do community service on this day. Here are a few of the amazing ways they helped make their corner of the world a better place:
- Madisyn, a Junior, helped at St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School with the framing of three houses with the congregation. All three houses will be placed and finished in different locations in Butler county for veterans.
- Avery, a Brownie, cleaned up litter and debris around her neighborhood with family.
- Troop 17024 cleaned, weeded, planted, and painted to beautify Clarion County Park.
- Rebeka, a Brownie, delivered thank you cards and waters to the police officers and other first responders in her community.
- Morgan, a Daisy, donated food to the local pay-what-you-can restaurant in DuBois, where she also helped by serving customers and cleaning.
- Troop 16373 packed food bags for their school's weekend food in a backpack program.
- Hailey, an Ambassador, weeded around the veterans’ memorial in a local park.
Thank you to all the Girl Scouts and volunteers who helped make GSWPA Service Day a success!
Be sure to mark your calendars for the GSWPA Spirit Celebration in September 2020!