|Dr. Julie Wollman|
The purpose of the Awards of Distinction Luncheon is to recognize an outstanding professional woman, impressive Girl Scout Troop and a community-champion corporation or organization. Proceeds of this premier event support Girl Scouts’ mission to develop courage, confidence and character in girls and to inspire the next generation of young women to become the leaders of tomorrow.
The 2014 honorees in each category are:
- Woman of Distinction: Dr. Julie Wollman, President of Edinboro University
- Organization of Distinction: Mercy Center for Women
- Troop of Distinction: Troop 36409, Elk Valley Elementary School
Wednesday, August 6
11:00 a.m. Welcome Reception & Raffle
11:30 a.m. Lunch & Program
Bayfront Convention Center
1 Sassafras Pier
Erie, PA 16507
More than 300 people are expected to attend, including members of the business community, Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania staff, volunteer event committee members, and friends, colleagues and families of award winners.
The event also includes LeadHer, a special mentoring program. Through LeadHer, female professionals are matched with Girl Scouts to introduce her to the workplace, empower her to dream without gender limitations, and help her think imaginatively about family, work and community life. Through this small investment of time – just a few hours – mentors give young women the experience and confidence they need to make informed decisions about career options.
Erie Awards of Distinction Committee Members:
- Honorary Chair: Colleen Stumpf, Quinn Law Firm
- Colleen Moore Mezler, Moore Research Services
- Jody Farrell, Tungsten
- Bethany Brun, Mercyhurst University
- Kristi Bailey, Erie Federal Credit Union
- Jenny Poff, Presque Isle Designs, LLC.
- Kristen Ludwig, Erie Bank
Tickets are available at www.gswpa.org\donate\aod for $40 each or $320 for a table of ten.
Thank you to our Event Sponsors: GEICO, UPMC Health Plan, FedEx Ground, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, National Fuel, Quinn Law Firm, United States Steel Corporation and Wells Fargo.