Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Guest blog post: Help us keep Girl Scouting strong in Warren County

My name is Andrea Stapleford, and I am proud to be a local resident of Warren and serve on the Board of Directors at Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania. I help provide governance to better serve more than 22,000 Girl Scouts across 27 counties, and I always think about how we can strengthen Girl Scouting in our local community.
In Warren, the beautiful natural resources that surround us, from the Allegheny River to the Allegheny National Forest, make our community truly unique.
We cannot forget what a special place this is. To preserve the breathtaking beauty of Warren for future generations, our children must learn by example how to enjoy, respect, and protect natural resources. The Girl Scouting program does just that.
The fact is, many children grow up, never having seen a sunset after a long day’s hike or breathing in fresh mountain air through the pines. We can take for granted how close we are to nature.
I was fortunate to develop a strong respect for nature during my years in Girl Scouts. I felt empowered in the all-girl environment, and the positive female role models, like my troop leader, showed by example how capable girls and women are as leaders. Those great memories and outdoor programs left a strong impression on me as I built my life in Warren. You can help more girls in Warren County build confidence in themselves, become environmental stewards, and learn to give back to their community by supporting Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania. 
Wednesday, May 17 is Warren Gives, an online charity event at warrengives.org.
Together, we will celebrate the nonprofit organizations who help us stay strong. I will make my charitable gift to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania at warrengives.org, and I encourage you to do the same. 
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.  Warren needs to encourage the next generation of leaders who will keep making our community better.
Thank you in advance for your gift to make the Girl Scouting tradition even stronger in Warren County!


Warren Gives
Wednesday, May 17
6 a.m.-10 p.m.

Please visit warrengives.org to make a donation to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania and make difference in the lives of our girls. A portion of each donation will be matched by $35,000 in matching funds, making your contribution go even further!