Thursday, December 17, 2015

Q&A: Girl Scout sisters talk cookies

Girl Scouts and sisters Alyssa and Alison Keefer.
Alyssa Keefer, a Cadette Girl Scout and member of the GSWPA Media Team, recently sat down with her little sister Alison to ask her about her experience in the Girl Scout Cookie Program.

Alison is a Junior Girl Scout.

Alyssa: What are some of your strategies for selling Girl Scout Cookies?

Alison: My mom and dad help me by allowing me to ask their work friends if they want to buy cookies. They also help me to visit our neighbors and family. They help on what to say when I ask my neighbors.

Alyssa: What is your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?

Alison: Thin Mints because I love the mix of flavors and there are a lot in the boxes so I can eat more!

Alyssa: What do you tell potential customers about the cookies? What do you tell them about Girl Scouting?

Alison: That it will help my Girl Scout Troop and that they will be delicious.

Alyssa: What do you plan to do with the money your troop earns?

Alison: Trips and sleepovers!

Alyssa: What is the biggest sale you ever had?

Alison: One of my mom’s coworkers buys a lot of cookies every year to give to her students as a treat. I don’t remember exactly how many boxes.

Alyssa: What do you feel you learn from the cookie program?

Alison: It teaches me about sales and money. I also learn how to talk and ask people to buy things. The booth sales help my friends and I to learn how to make change. We help our troop leaders decide how to spend the money we make from our sales.

The Girl Scout Cookie Program is back January 8! 

Girl Scout Cookie season is just around the corner! Cookie order taking starts on Friday, Jan. 8, with National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend and booth sales starting on Friday, Feb. 26. For more information, visit gswpa.org/cookies.