Friday, April 17, 2015

Camp commentary: Girl Scouts share why they love camping!

The countdown to camp is on! 

It's no secret that camp is a favorite Girl Scout tradition, so we asked members of our Media Team to share why they love camping with Girl Scouts.

Libby is a Junior Girl Scout who has enjoyed camping with Girl Scouts for the past three years.

What's your camp name?
Twizzler

What's your favorite Girl Scout camp?

How many years have you been going to camp?
One year of resident camp; three years troop camping

What's your favorite activity to do at camp? Why?
My favorite activity is archery. Archery makes me feel strong and like I can do anything.

What kind of skills or qualities has going to Girl Scout camp helped you develop?
Camp helped me be brave. It was the first time I was on my own and away from my parents for that long.

Do you have a favorite camp memory? Tell us about it.
My favorite camp memory was canoeing at Redwing. It gave us time to talk and get to know each other better. And, I enjoyed the sights from the canoe.

What do you love most about Girl Scout camp?
I thought that meals were great! We sang and played games. I liked how everyone passed the food around the table and shared.

Girl Scout camp is a tradition central to Girl Scouts since 1912 and is still available to girls in all 50 states. Today’s camps are highly evolved, matching the interests of twenty-first-century girls. Girl Scouts moves at the speed of girls, which is evident in its wide range of camp offerings—everything from horses and whitewater rafting to Camp Katniss and Iron Chefs. 

Girl Scouts is committed to pursuing its mission through the camp experience, offering an astounding array of innovative, fun, and memorable camp activities that allow girls to build courage, confidence, and character, and make the world a better place. Learn more about Girl Scout camp at gswpa.org/camps.